What would you think if you found this out?

I am a christan women who belives in salvation being for all through Christ Jesus....but I want to read the qur'an. I hear a lot about it and I really want to read it.

I'm afraid though what people might think. I'm not trying to convert or anything but I just want to know what it says.

Would you as a Christan read the qur'an or would you be worried that maybe you shouldn't be? I just want to know why the mass pop is so aginst them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont see the problem..I know many christian preachers who have read many different religious texts of different beliefs..and could point out in the blink of an eye the differences and why the Holy Bible is the word of the one true God..only..knowledge is power..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think it's good that you are willing to open your mind and explore other religions. It does not make you any less of a Christian if that's what you are asking.
    Anonymous

• I have read the Quran and I am a Christian. I did not read it with the intention of believing what it says is true... but with the mind set you must know where other people stand and what they believe. How can anyone have an educated opinion about a religion, subject, culture, if they do not learn about it? Part of learning about it is reading their literature.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I've been meaning to read it for a while...tried a few years ago but couldn't get through it.

I think its a great idea.

now that i've taken a college course on the intro to the old testement and pretty much read cover to cover, i want to try again to read it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Learning is a good thing! I think that is a great idea.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Why do you care what anyone else thinks? I'm a Christian too, I've read the quran so I could compare it against the Bible. What I've found out is that you want to grow in your walk with Christ, fill your mind with God's Word. We don't have to understand anything other than if any religion or book teaches a different Gospel, it's not true. Satan is crafty and would love nothing more than to confuse you and get you to question what you believe. The quran does not acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and the Savior of the world. I would suggest you read the book of 1 John. When counterfeit experts want to learn how to spot a fake, they don't wast their time studying it, they study the real deal, so they know it inside and out...that way, when a counterfeit does present itself, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Anonymous

• Yes. Why? Know thy enemy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Knowledge is power how can you commit to a religion without knowing your options. I think it will only make you strong and more sure of your own faith.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• What an annoying question.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Why is it annoying, mustbeGRACE? What are you afraid of? That you might actually LEARN something?? Go back under your rock, TROLL.

OP: There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to read the Qur'an. Fearing the unknown leads to ignorance & hatred (as proven by a certain PP), which is why we must always strive to learn about others. I am hoping to read the Qur'an soon as well. Good luck :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 6:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2009