How does Olive Garden make their pasta?

Do they make the pasta fresh in each individual restaurant or is it sent to them frozen? I am hoping someone here has worked for them and will know the answer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• its gross there. its not how it used to be where it was fresh. my friend used to work there for a while and she said its all frozen foods. the only thing fresh is the soup and salads. Every time i would go there in the past (Middle school-now i am 26) i would get a upset stomach with diahrreah along with m family getting sick

DO NOT GO THERE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I don't know how they make their pasta, but I love it. I have never gotten sick from Olive Garden - it's one of my favorite places to go!

Answer by missanc at 8:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Most restaurants par-cook their pasta. It is cooked then removed from the boiling water with 3-5 minutes left. It is stored in big tubs and scooped out when ordered.

Olive Garden has all of their sauces pre-made and frozen in individual vacuum sealed plastic baggies. Most corporate places do this for portion control and waste management. (Waste of food product, not waste of plastic.)

When you order pasta alfredo, they plunge your pasta into boiling water, open a packet and heat the contents, then stir them together and serve it. Plates take less than 3 minutes each to prepare usually.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• aeroslove,

I have the same experience. Olive Garden and Carraba's make me sick every time I've been there (gas, diarrhea, bloating).
    I've never had any problems with Macaroni Grill though. Love that place!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• ecodani is correct
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• that USED to be my favorite place,,, Wow now I'm not so sure.
    karenwarshaw

Answer by karenwarshaw at 2:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It is either frozen or dried pasta.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The correct answer to this question is; Olive Garden makes fresh pasta daily, it comes in just like we buy it at the grocery store. Everything and I mean everything is made fresh DAILY, I work there and I am one of the ones that makes the fresh veggie packs daily, nothing is kept over night that is out of date and anything that will be going out of date(according to OG standards) is given to food banks for the poor. our soups and salads are NOT the only thing made fresh daily. I just wanted to answer that so some of the negative answers are corrected such as (DO NOT GO THERE EVER). I do not know where your info comes from but it is wrong.
    law196449

Answer by law196449 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2013