Just because I am sick of the whining....

Don't like what Obama is doing in office??? Please tell us what you would do different. Here are some categories...give some solutions/alternatives that you would present if you were President of the USA. Ready...set...go!!!!!!!!!
*Health care
*Iraq
*Iran
*Afghanistan
*The Economy
*Immigration
*___________ pick your fave topic.

I'm doing this because I am sick of hearing people complain and yet offer no solutions or alternatives. Please, put yourself in the position of President and see if you can handle coming up with solutions to fix the U.S. or the world at large. I didn't vote for Obama and I sure as heck did not vote for McCain, so don't try to throw that in my face. Just answer the question or don't say anything at all.

LexsMami

Asked by LexsMami at 12:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Amazing, I posted this 8 months ago and nothing has changed.

And when you're done with that, go ahead and read Hazel's too.

Now the funny thing is, then as now, we'd post those things in every appropriate question til we were blue in the face, and not 20 minutes later, another question just like yours would pop up - why all the whining, why don't you have any suggestions?  The answer is, we do.  Quit ignoring them.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Actually, Not Panicking, I really did not ever see your post. Good for you. A person with a plan. I don't agree with much of it, but I definitely respect and applaud you for actually giving your solutions. I didn't see Hazel's post either and I am going to read it now. I have never seen anyone give an answer beyond "waaahhh...I hate Obama and he is ruining _______" So thanks for being the person to point out that there HAVE been some attempts to answer these questions. Its too bad I missed them the first or hundredth go-round.
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 12:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• NP, You probably don't care but.. I like 5,6, and 7. 8 is not feasible nor in line with American ideals or humaneness. 9 parents of children enrolled in public schools are already required to show the child's birth certificate, and most undocumented immigrants can provide some type of photo ID, so what would that change? 10? Define meaningful. I'd be willing to support tax DEDUCTIONS for businesses if they were required to prove that they did indeed create jobs. 11 Vouchers would cause an even bigger disparity in education between the haves and have nots then we already have. No bailouts? To late for that.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I second what Notpanicking wrote.

I think that our Reps and Senators should get pay cuts. 100k/year for all of them and raises based on merits/effort. And public school teachers should be making the same - they should also be required to hold a masters degree in the field they teach.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• *Health care= Tort reform, start the medicare medicaid "cuts" now build an actual surplus to where there is physical money then approach the with whole public option. You can not go buy groceries if you don't have money in your account.
    *Iraq = is done we did what was needed, they have the basis of parliament and can now begin rebuilding and establishing proper order.
    *Iran= File more sanctions with HARSHER penalties. I don't know why but Obama has kissed the UN's butt so if it were me puckering like that I would expect them to return a bit of a favor. If they still reject the sanctions bomb the facilities.
    *Afghanistan= Listen to the appointed General and give him what HE needs
    *The Economy= stop spending stop pet projects. put the brakes on all spending. Let big businesses fall. Smaller ones will then boom.
    *Immigration= Send them all packing, make it easier and more affordable to become a legal citizen
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Since every critic of Obama does, indeed, tend to roll out the alternatives, the options which they SUPPORT along with the actions of the White House Team which they criticize, it is odd that they are viewed as whining and offering no alternatives.

Does this view come from liberal media reports? Do they form your impression? That would make sense, because despite consistent alternatives offered by Conservative Congressmen early on in the process, the liberal Congressmen claim that "they are just being the Party of No". And they know that the liberal media will report it as if it were not a blatant lie - and the public will be fooled.

Or is it that, as soon as the reader can tell the comment is not pro-Obama they tune out the substance of the comment?

Or possibly there is some projection taking place here. Because I can tell if a speaker on TV is a liberal before I even see any ID - their tone is a whine.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Why cant people complain about obama? Everyone was allowed to complain about bush and every other president. So why not him? Oh wait let me guess it is racist right?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• *Health care - Begin slowly! Start with Tort Reform. Go after big insurance & big pharmacy. Call CDC on their bs.
    *Iraq - Slowly start withdrawing w/out announcing it.
    *Iran - Too complicated to write here.
    *Afghanistan - Full force w/ strike like Bush did in 01. Give Karzi an ultimative.
    *The Economy - decrease taxes....start cutting gov spending......tax cuts for big business on the promise to bring businesses back to the U.S.
    *Immigration - Start closing borders for a specific time period. No more "free" programs for illegals...no sant. cities
    *___________ pick your fave topic.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• op.....you better get used to it, because we're not going away.....until obama does....and then some! just like y'all can't stop whining about bush---nearly a year after he left, and haven't held obama responsible for anything--because of the he "needs time" bullcrap. time to get your head out of the sand==you're gonna want to be able to see those wmd's heading towards us in the summer of 2011!!!!!!!!!! what? you don't understand? well, you will. thanks oblahblah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I was not hired to run the country. I have every right to show dissent if I don't like what the representation that I didn't choose is doing. You would do the same, and may have in the past.

I don't have to have my own plan to know that his plan sucks.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009