want to work & be a student, but how do i make money while paying a sitter?? advice please

I'm a SAHM/PT student. I would really like to work, if I can find it in this economy but realize that I might have to pay nanny just as much as I'm making @ the end of the day. How do you deal with this? I'm thinking now that my DD is 1 I can put her in a daycare to socialize and it will be less expensive but still that will cost a lot. I'm a half time student now but would like to start going 3/4 time next semester in spring and work hopefully. How exactly do I go about this?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 12:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• do u just make min. wage?
    you can find a nanny who just does a flat rate or have your hubby watch your baby while you are gone and he doesnt need to get paid

in fact thats what I suggest
    I work pt 25hrs per week and I go back to work this january and while im working my fiance will be watching the baby and if its not him if he has to work then my mom will
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Maybe you can find a mom in a similar situation you can trade child care with. Or you can work weekends and let your spouse be with the kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Find an inexpensive sitter like a college student or a mom who is a stay at home mom instead of using day care centers. Or, try a work at home job like I do or maybe you can trade off with another mom like you watch the children half the time and she watches the the other times you work. Those are just ideas.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Take classes online or at night when your husband is at home. You could also work nights/weekends when your dh is home from work - he can take care of the baby while you work.

Answer by missanc at 8:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I loved the article on Yahoo about Work at Home scams. There are so many out there, it’s hard to find the right one! I have made a list of places that I have used (only free ones), I know they're all legit because I don’t list them until I've been paid by them. You can see my list and details on these places at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• try your local daycare .. they will most likely work with your school schedule and you childs care cost will be cheaper too..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Hey Girl. With Day Cares, a lot of them are willing to work around your schedule, including your school one! And like Swaney06 said, the cost will be loss. If you go the Day Care route, be sure to "interview" the Day Care Provider to ensure that the schools curriculum, play time & such are what you like for your daughter (Nothing against certain Day Cares, but parents all have different preferences when it comes to such things) Plus, with Day Cares, they're usually a small amount of Children so each child can be properly cared for. Are you looking for a job to go with the field your studying in school? There are a lot of options as to what you can do - but have you ever considered working from home? All I can say, is stay positive & I wish you the best of luck!! Keep pushing yourself & keep your head high, all of this hard work will pay off! :)
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Have you thought about working from home? I work from home and I can help you work from home too! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 8 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• AUTHOR here-i forgot to mention my hubby works graveyard shifts so he is extremely tired during the day and not home @ nite. So I can't expect him to have the energy to be able to take care of her all day. He helps a lot but still that would be asking for too much. He is soo wonderful and works his ass off for us. I want to try and do the same by getting my education and getting a great job one day too. Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 9:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2009