Zanex abuse??

What is up with the kids using zanex as a drug? My stepson calls them zanex bars, says he is addicted to them, but refuses help. He is 17. What is it and what does it do?
Thanks ladies!!!

racefan88

Asked by racefan88 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well Xanax is a drug and its an anti anxiety medication that calms the nerves and gives a sort of chilled out feeling. Kids will abuse anything that makes them feel better. If they are dealing with a lot of drama at home or peer pressure at school, then they might turn to things like that. If a person really doesnt want to stop, then they havent come to the end of themselves quite yet. As a minor child, I think you can force treatment on them, if you wish, not saying thats right, but if they are over 18, they are on their own. I wish you the best in dealing with your stepson and pray that something changes his mind about his behavior.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 5:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Xanax is highly addictive, You need to get your son in treatment.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• send him to rehab...the fact that he's actually admitting this to you is him asking for help....kids HATE rehab for the most part so he will probably fight it....i would do it now though...in my experience, pills are more of a gateway drug than weed
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Xanax is highly addictive and a "bar" is a full mg of the meds. That is a LOT. He needs to be in rehab,now. I take .25mg and it knocks me out. You also need to find out where he is getting the Xanax, it is only available by prescription.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• His probation starts in January, he will be drug tested starting then I hope that helps in straightening him out. I would love to get him some help, but, I am just the "step-mom". Going to dinner this Thursday just to hang out with him and see if there is anything I can do for him. Thank you for all you help.
    racefan88

Answer by racefan88 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2009