Baby falls and hardwood floors.

My baby is begining to pull herself up on anything possible she's still really wobbly, she has fallen and banged her head on the floor many times now even when I put pillows and stuffed animals around her, how concerned should I be about this? Could she really damage herself? I can't follow her around with a catchers mit all the time, but I can't make her stop learning to stand, what can I do?

MintyMew

Asked by MintyMew at 1:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's a good question and i wish i could help.
    The good news is you probably don't need to worry too much about her hitting her head on the floor. Its more important that you keep the soft spot on her head protected. corners and such are more dangerous. ...but i understand that you don't want her falling and hitting her head all the time. ...
    Maybe buy some plush rugs? or lay a thick blanket on the floor for cushion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Ahh the joys of learning to walk. At least you have wood, we have tile :( Kids are amazingly resilient & I swear are made out of rubber. If its just the baby bumps then you don't need to worry. If she loses conciousness or seems woozy go to the er. Concussions can be hard to spot & deadly but don't panic, most bumps are ok. We got a rubber play mat w/ alphabet letters from Babies R Us to soften the blow.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2009