puppy pads

ok i would like to puppy pad train my puppy. how did u go about doing this? and please noi telling me i shouldnt i have already decided to do it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pets

• well if you want your puppy to pee on anything that is left on the floor you go right ahead and do that then. They confuse the dog. there are much better ways to hous break your dog.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I will NEVER understand why anyone would want to TEACH their dog to pee/poop IN the house?
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The PPs are right. This will teach the dog to poop and pee in the house.

If you have a toy dog that you want to litter train, then pads can assist with litter training. But litter training toy dogs is kind of like litter training rabbits. Sometimes they care and sometimes not.

Kennel training is a very safe and positive way to house train a dog. It is good for all sizes and breeds. It gives the dog personal safe space and limits the amount of mishaps of all sorts. Kennel trained dogs do better at other types of training as well. They are generally more confident and better integrated into your pack.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It is just like training them to go out :) When they are having an accident pick them up and put them on the spot you want them to go on. Keep them with you for a few days and take them to the pad every 30-60 minutes. When they go treat and praise.

One thing thought to keep in mind is the price associated with the price of the pads. We ran into that. We ended up buying new towels for the bathroom and using the old towels as "pads". Then I bleached them after she used them. It worked.
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 11:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• * CollinBayleeMom
    I will NEVER understand why anyone would want to TEACH their dog to pee/poop IN the house?

It's a whole heck of a lot easier then taking a Mini Dog out in 2 feet of snow :)
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 11:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Do you have a shovel? You could clear a small area for him/her to potty. I'm not trying to be rude, I promise, I just don't understand it. I live in the south and we don't get much snow, so I may or may not feel differently if we did get lots of snow. What will you do in a few months when the snow is gone and your puppy is STILL peeing/pooping in the house?
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 3:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It's cold and I have no deisre to stand out there while a little dog sniffs around :)

What will I do come spring? Continue throwing the pads in the wash once a day.
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 2:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2009