ahh! i want another baby .. but i just delivered october 11 th this year ..

how long would u wait to have another .. im married and my hubby is in the army .. im not sure im ready just now ..but i know want one .. i want a girl this time lol but yeah anyways how long would u wait to have another..??

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Enjoy the one you have for now! From a medical/scientific stand point it's best to wait a minimum of 18 to 24 months between pregnancies. Studies show that waiting less time results in lower birth weight babies, a higher rate of premature delivery, and other health issues for mom.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• ohh wow i didnt know that thanks!
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• In your shoes I would definitely wait. Give you full attention to the one you just had. You'll never regret it :) And your body does need to recoup after pregnancy, so give it some time. My daughter is 2, and to be honest as much as I would love another one, I'm not ready just yet. Before she turns 5 I'm hoping, but all depends on circumstances.
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 1:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Honestly,, 11/2 to 2 years is the best. Your baby gets all your attention for a long time, and your body gets a chance to heal. Becka and Taegen are 28 months apart and I LOVE it :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i would wait a few months and then if you still think you are ready for another child start TTC, but only if you would be happy with a boy too of course
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I had my first in july of 07 and im due to have this one this month. So my kids are 2 years and about 5 months apart and i would have it no other way. I not only gave myself plenty of time to recover since i had a c-section but my son got all of my attention and he is such a happy baby.. WELL toddler :) I love him to death and would of felt i cheated him if i tried any sooner than i did. Now he can kinda understand things a little more and knows he is having a little brother soon. Some people have kids sooner so im only speaking for myself. When you feel your ready go for it as long as your doctor okays it. I would think since you just had a baby in OCT 09 that you should probably wait to ttc due to many factors that a mom explained at the top. Your choice though sweetie. Gl and try and enjoy your little one now.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i would wait but if you dont its not as hard as you think i have 2 kids and one on the way my oldest is going to be 3 next month and then my next she is 15 months and im 6 weeks preg. there are days it is very hard my hubby travels alot with his job so that dosent help but its not so bad where i cant handle it good luck in what ever choice you make only you know the right one for you and your family
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2009