spiders in my xmas tree and its making noises

ok if the damn tree is dead why is it making noises? it sounds like the tree trunk is sucking up the water. also earlier i was watching tv and i saw this ugly black spider on the wall. I missed it and it fell on the floor now i cant find it. I HATE HATE Spiders and im pregnant , have two kids 5 and 3 in the house. i dont want to wake up with a bunch of spiders on my wall. also i saw one one more on the all and i killed it. another tiny tiny baby one on the floor carpet. this is ridiculous. when my mom bought real xmas trees it never had spiders or made noise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• eeeww SCARY!!! I HATE SPIDERS ALSO!!! omg i just got the chills just reading ur post and picturing the spiders...should of just got a fake tree...i hope you figure out the problem!!! if i was you i would of already done threw the tree away!!! but GOOD LUCK!!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My husband is being mean and he says im a sissy but the tree is making noises and i think its the water. I told him i dont want it in the house and it has to go tonight outside. I want my money back from the boy scouts. the owner or whatever guy said if i have problems to talk to him. which i am tomorrow morning!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• well good!! i wouldnt be able to sleep known i saw 3 spiders!!! my husband does the same when ever i see a spider. they are just so SCARY!!! omg..lol i keep gettin the chills!! hope he quits being a meany and takes it out right now!!!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 2:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• haha. my husband wouldnt get up to kill the spider the first time. he kept on starring at me and hes like come on hit it lol. i was like no u do it. he said no come on lol UGHHHHH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• haha sounds like my husband! gah guys can be so LAZY!! haha
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 2:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• LOLOL I can just picture that.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Most places will spray the trees to make sure there isn't any bugs in them. I would ask them if they did, or if the supplier that provided them did. If you go to a U cut it lot, they aren't sprayed. If you don't want to take it back, then I would suggest getting a people safe bug spray and take it outside and spray it.

As far as the tree sucking up the water, when you bought it, either the people who sold it to you or you and your dh should have cut the bottom inch or so off the tree to get rid of the more dead, closed off part of the trunk of the tree, which will allow the water to flow up into the tree without making that sort of noise. You might need to cut the bottom branches off of it after you do this, that's very common no matter where you get the tree.

Also, put some clear soda, like 7up aprox 1 can to a gal of water, in with the water and your tree will stay nice longer.

gl with your tree!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• btw - I HATE HATE HATE spiders, too. I can sort of deal with them when camping. I can deal with the other sorts of bugs and stuff when camping. But NOT in my house. And DEFINITELY NOT spiders. I had a really bad reaction to some meds they gave me when my ds was born, and part of the reaction was I hallucinated that I was covered in hundreds of thousands of spiders and I couldn't get them off me. That was almost 17 yrs ago, and ever since then, they really freak me out!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I had a really bad reaction to some meds they gave me when my ds was born, and part of the reaction was I hallucinated that I was covered in hundreds of thousands of spiders and I couldn't get them off me.

GAAAHHHH I think I just had a really bad reaction to your hallucination. Note to self: don't open any more questions with the word spider in them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• We had a live tree once that had a dormant family of flies in it. Once it was brought inside, they warmed up and were everywhere! Yuck now I have goose bumps just thinking about it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2009