What is it like to leave the father of your child?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Very hard because I knew how hurt my children were going to be by it. I went to divorce counseling with my ex and our children. We share custody and both of us have really put the kids first in this. I love my kids more than I dislike my ex and made sure they have both parents since they do need us both. It is hard sometimes since the kids spend 4 days with me then 3 with their dad the next week 4 with him and 3 with me. I miss them so much but they come home with wonderful stories of what they did with their dad and are happy. This is not about me right now it is about them. My ex and I were weak and could not keep our marriage together our children should suffer as little as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• WONDERFULL!!!!!!! my ex was such an ass!! only regret i have is goin after him for child support, i wish i woulda just left it alone and had nothing to do with him!! so much easier to do on my own than with him!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• WELL IT WAS HARD FOR ME BUT WITH TIME GOT BETTER. HE REALLY ACTED LIKE A CHILD HIS SELF . I AM A SINGLE MOM OF A LITTLE ANGEL AND NOW FOR THE WAY HE ACTED HE IS MISSING OUT ON SOOOO MUCH.
    JAZZYPOO2009

Answer by JAZZYPOO2009 at 3:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It was the best decision I ever made. Now I am much happier and have less stress in my life. Plus, its a more healthier enviroment for my daughter.
    destineemommy

Answer by destineemommy at 8:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I felt guilty at first but the kids were so much happier that I got over the guilt quickly.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Best thing I ever did! He was still acting like a child himself and I couldn't take care of him too. On the other hand it kind of sucks because I know my daughter wants to spend time with him and he lives pretty far.
    hazeleyezmama07

Answer by hazeleyezmama07 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It's hard. I had one child with my first husband and three kids with my second, and I divorced both of them. The first husband was very physically abusive, and yet it was still a hard thing to do. My second husband was (is) an alcoholic and constant cheater, yet it was still hard. BUT it was the best thing I ever did because I am now married the best husband in the whole world!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2009