what do i do about spiders in my xmas tree plz?

and why does it make water noises if the tree is dead? I am about to take it back to the boy scouts tomorrow and getting my money back. I do not want spider anymore coming out or on my wall, floor and sofa just in case. i hate spiders period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• I'm terrified of spiders. If it were my tree I would throw it outside. I'm not joking. It would be that or I would never sleep again. I'm going to have nightmares about your question. eeek
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• there are probably all kinds of critters living in your tree...some so tiny you cant see. Dont get a live tree if you are afraid. I hate spiders too but i would just kill them. Does your hubby have an air hose? Take it outside and hose it. It would be wrong to toss that tree out and get another one bc there will be critters in that one to
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If you get rid of this one, get an artificial tree.....Of course, after you store it for a year in whatever storage area there are no guarantees the artificial one won't have spiders in it!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:46 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Most spiders are harmless, but here's what you can do: Take the decorations off and vacuum your tree thoroughly. Vacuum around the tree very thoroughly. Spiders have soft bodies and don't survive vacuuming.

Your tree's not dead yet. Christmas trees are cut close to their dormant time. If you cut the bottom inch of the trunk before you put it in the stand, it'll begin to "drink" water again. The warmth of your home fools the tree into thinking it's spring/summer.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• OMG well that makes a fun things turn fearful! Oh I would take it back! Mayve do a fake tree...LOL Although never had spiders from a real one
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009