IS IT OK TO TAKE MY THREE MONTH OLD TO SEE SANTA ?

I AM WORRIED ABOUT THE SWINE FLU GOING AROUND..

JAZZYPOO2009

Asked by JAZZYPOO2009 at 3:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Health

• I dont see why it would be bad. If you was you rhands and take care of your self then youll be ok.
    If you are that worried then get yourself the shot.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Holy crap. Your kid is exposed to it any time YOU go anywhere and then come home to the baby. You cannot live in fear or you're going to make your self nuts and depressed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Personally, I would be concerned about all the germs on the santa in question. People will tell you that your baby is exposed "all the time" but at least you know where you have been when you come home. No telling about what may be lurking on Santa.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• my son was 4 wks old when santa came to our mall and i did not take him just because the thought of all the other germy kids sitting on him and i didnt take him to see the easter bunny either and that was months later! This was even 5 years ago when swine flu wasnt around. I guess i'm a germaphobe. I let him go when he was 2..but he was terrified then, he wants to go now.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Well, I guess it depends on what level of fear you live in about germs. Do you take him to the grocery store? Walmart? There are germs everywhere and keeping them away from germs doesnt build their immune system and it doesnt guarantee they wont get sick either. If you really are opposed to it because of all the other kids...then I doubt its going to be a big deal. Hes not going to remember and its simply something special for you. He could care less. Just sayin. good luck with whatever you choose!
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I have to say that in my entire life I have never once thought about the germs on Santa! I don't think a lot about germs in general, though beyond the fact that I wash my hands and keep the house resonably clean. Grocery carts did strike me as germy when my kids would try to put their mouths on them (and I did stop that! lol). Just goes to show you how different people can be in what gets their attention! At this age, the trip to see Santa would be for you---a first chance to get a picture of your baby with Santa! I would do it, I know I would. I got those pictures, even when the kids cried a bit (I just told the photographer to take the picture fast---another "lol"). If you are really worried, though you probably don't even take your baby to the grocery store or the mall so it might not be worth the anxiety for you. There is always next year...assuming there is no flu going around then.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• yall probably dont even want to hear about our grocery store trips..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• of course it is. why not?
    julie.r0cks

Answer by julie.r0cks at 9:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i took my 3 month old and my 3 y/o, he hasn't gotten sick yet lol i think your baby will be fine :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Why would anyone want to take a 3mo baby to see Santa? She will have absolutely no idea what is going on.
    closetmom

Answer by closetmom at 9:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2009