HELP ME!!

I have a 20 month old daughter that sleep with me and nurses usually at night and at nap time. For the past 2 nights she has been waking up at 2 am and not going back to sleep till like 4 am. She has been screaming when she gets anywhere near my bed so I had to put a matress on the floor. I have no idea what is going on. Than since she isn't sleeping good at night she is a hot mess during the day. I'm losing my mind!! Help!

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 4:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is probably going through a growth spurt, or about to have a major developmental change. She also may be ready for her own bed.

Good luck, be patient.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I might get hell for this, but it might be the breast feeding that is the issue. I would stopp feeding her at night, if I was you. She doesn't need it at this age. Offer her water instead, and that might help her settle at night, not thinking about the boob all the time. It did wonders in our house. When I did this, after 3 days we had peace and quiet at night.
    I agree with rkoloms also, she might be ready for her own bed.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 7:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It is true that she doesn't need to nurse at night anymore...and if she doesn't want to sleep with you anymore, that will be a relief to you and to her! Let her sleep in her own bed and don't nurse her at night....I don't know if that is why she is waking up r not, but those are two things that will probably let both of you sleep better!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2009