how can i get my daughter to potty train and not be afraid of the potty?

any help with potty training, fun activities just any advice to help would be nice

cutemommyof3

Asked by cutemommyof3 at 5:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When I potty trained my oldest, we went out to buy real panties together. I picked a time where I knew we didn't really have to go anywhree special and too far from the house. I put the panties on her, and every 2 hours I would take her to the bathroom. If she had an accident, we would just change her clothes and go on with our day. It only took about 1-2 weeks ad she was good to go on longer trips, always using the bathroom before we wen,t of course.
    I would recommend that you use real underwear, not pull ups, and not the ones with padding in them. She needs the real thing, to be able to feel wet and uncomfortable when she has an accident.
    Oh, and by the way. I used to carry post-its in my bag, so whenever we were in a public place with the self flushing toilets, I would just put a post-its over the sensor so it wouldn't flush while she was peeing. It really helped for her not to be scared of the potty. Good Luck.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 6:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2009