balancing home and work/school

I am a SAHM..ever since i got pregnant, i was out of the army then and i decided to be a sahm fo rmy daughter. i went from hardcore army girl to old fashioned housewife. and ive gotten good at it heh. and i enjoy it, i think it sbest for my daughter. she is almost 3..matter of weeks. and i started going back to college for a masters degree in psychology, i want to counsel troubled children eventually and parents with difficulty parenting. well ever since i started college again im so swamped doing fulltime school, cleaning the house, the normal sahm stuff like dinner etc. and activities with daughter....and the past week she has been really uppity and i think its because im so busy now, i still do things like playdates, did that this morning actually and i do things with her.but im just ten times busier now keeping my 4.0 and diong school fulltime combined with sahm duties. im doing two fulltime jobs. advice?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 6:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Keep up the good work. I understand how hard it is to do it all. I graduated college pregnant with my 3rd child and working full time, It is not easy. As for your daughter talk to her about things. She is at an age were you can talk to her in her terms and she will understand. Ask her if it bothers her that you are so busy and try to come up with something that might work.

Also, remember things can be let go. The house does not have to be totally perfect and you need sometime for yourself, outside of all the mom and student things you do. Ask for help as well. If you have the help there then ask for it. You can not do everything yourself all the time. If there is not help then try and find a good support system that will help.

Good Luck and keep up the good work!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I work part time and attend school part time and I am a Mom. I work 20-25 hours a week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but even this schedule will get you. I have to stay tough and hold it together so that I can provide a better future for my family. I can only be part time fore a couple more semesters and then I have to go full time into a nursing program to finish. I wish you luck and as the PP said sometimes housework has to wait so that you can spend time with your child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I'm a SAHM and in college part time. The only thing that ever seems to work for me is "scheduling" my homework time for after my kids are in bed. Even then, something suffers. Balancing is hard, but I'm proud to be able to set the example of perservering through school, despite the challenges that have come up since HS graduation.

Just keep in mind the long term goals, and remember the daily priorities- what is more important, your daughter or your kitchen floor right now? (And don't get me wrong, sometimes the kitchen floor wins! LOL) You'll get through it, and it'll be an amazing accomplishment when you do.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Your doing great! hehe Get used to it though, it's going to be pretty much the same when you actually start working- or worse. :O) Your daughter will get used to and your husband can take on some of the chores, don't sweat it too much. You're doing an awesome thing for yourself and your family.
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 8:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i think i might just be sweating too much about housework.....its not messy or dirty, but its not perfect anymore. but playtime with her is more important than finding every spec of dust
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2009