What age did your child stop believing in Santa or at what age do you tell them?

chillguy

Asked by chillguy at 8:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• my kiddies ages 12,10,11 figured it out last year. ( classmate said something ) they were ok the figured something was up lol.. so this year it is much easyer them knowing the deal and now know santa dosent have a ton of money..or a magic workshop. they took it very well. phew...but they know to keep it going for there lil brother who just turned 4 in nov. i never could tell them didnt have the heart..i just knew one day they would come to me and ask which is what happend. i was surprized it took this long...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My 10 yr old still believes. She has her doubts, but it's more fun to believe than not. My oldest believed until he was 10-11, but like my daughter I don't think he fully believed. He was fine when he finally figured it out. I don't think it was ever discussed, he just knew. Now we all pretend for the younger children.
    Anonymous

• Around 6 is the normal in my house They all kind of join in for their nieces but they laugh each time. Santa drops by the house on CHRIST-mas Eve and everyone talks to him pictures so we try to keep it going for the grand kids still.

myzero

Answer by myzero at 12:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• my youngest are 4 , 8 and 10 and they still believe. my oldest kids keep it going for them.
    debbieg038

Answer by debbieg038 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Our oldest (13) stopped believing when he was 10. He keeps it going with our 6 and 7 yr old. It's fun for him. I will let them find out on their own.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I'm a little sad because my four year old is starting to really doubt it. He's like "Why does Santa look different in every movie and at every mall?" and "I've seen reindeer in person and none of them fly" and "Our chimney is really not big enough" and so on... I didn't figure those questions would start so early!
    Anonymous