Would like to know how to get rid of Meebo on my pc?

I dont like how it works, and yet cant find were it is to get it off...If someone knows please help =)

Laney7

Asked by Laney7 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in About CafeMom

• right click, delete
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Right click? I dont understand what do I right click, were? On what? I am trying everything and that meebo is stillhere.
    Need to know were to go and what to click...Thanks in Advance
    Laney7

Answer by Laney7 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I'd also like to get rid of it. I feel like I'm being stalked by people. I've tried right clicking but it won't let me delete.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Oh Yes , It is driving me here..Am a puter wiz and this one has got me, I dont see it anywere in files or this or that, it deleted the icon, but thats about it, tryied a few things, even rebooted, but nope it is still there.. Is a wow, shouldnt have programs like this, unless you can unistall, and of course it is not in add and remove programs, so really what is this...Ok now that I vented..LOL...PLEASE, if you find out, do tell. I am not yet to give up here.
    Laney7

Answer by Laney7 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Is Meebo an application? If so, you would need to go into the control panel and then double click on Add or Remove programs and then uninstall it.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Hi Everyone,
    Here is how to remove the "Meboo" bar from your page:
    Log into your CafeMom account.
    Scroll over the "Home" tab.
    Click on "Personal Details".
    Go to the "Privacy and Settings" link on the left side of the page and click on it.
    Scroll to the words that say "Show CafeMom Instant Messenger" and select the "Never" option.
    Click the orange "Save" button.

\The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 10:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Ok question here, that is too get rid of the whole messager, but do not want to get rid of the momscafe messenger, just want to know how to unlink the meebo from the messenger ( like before linking it, it was just (momscafe messenger) now it is both and cant seem to find out how to get rid of the meebo one?

Other one is, it is not in add and remove programs. There is really nothing under this to even look up, files, meebo, etc, only the icon on the desk top, which I got rid of, but meebo still shows up.

I seen others ask the same question, but yet no answer to it..So am alittle confused here with this. As sure as others who are asking the same question.
    Laney7

Answer by Laney7 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Oh my goodness, THANK YOU!!! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Forgive me for being dramatic, but seriously, it was driving me crazy everytime I came to my page, having to log off the IM so that people wouldn't bother me. Now it's GONE!! YAY!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Is the whole Messenger gone, or just the Meebo one? Do you still have cafemoms one? Or no?..Cause I still want the moms one, just not the other one connected to it, sort of say.
    Laney7

Answer by Laney7 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My whole messenger disappeared when I followed CM admin's instructions to get rid of the meebo bar. Oh well, I guess. Just have to hit my girls up on facebook. I'm really disappointed Cafemom decided to go with these meebo people. It makes me wonder just how much I can trust them w/ my personal information. Very discouraging CM! I won't be on here nearly as much if I can't chat with my mom friends.
    21noahsmama21

Answer by 21noahsmama21 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2010