How do your run your toddler's energy out when you are stuck inside all day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm assuming you can at least step outside on the porch, or go for a walk down the block. But if not, let the kid jump on the bed, or play hide and seek. You can also do silly dancing. Just turn on some music and do a Simon Says kind of game. You do some wacky dancing, and the child repeats. Roll around on the floor like hot dogs on a grill. Do somersaults, do the wheelbarrow walk, by picking up his/her feet, and having him/her walk on his/her hands. Try a jump rope, too. I hope this helps.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:40 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• hide and seek, indoor basketball hoop, block building, hide something then play hot and cold, bake cookies or muffins and let them dump in the flour and stir, let them help clean with you they can 'dust' things, crafts, playdoh, fun bath time where you let them play with bathtoys and waterproof toys in the tub, make a fort and grab a flashlight and book....and a million more things because my kiddo has tons of energy lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Even in cold weather we always go out for a walk. Then in the afternoon as its dark we stay in and he either runs about with his stroller thing or I play hide and seek or he chases me about. If I don't do that then he plays rough with his dad. He is only 2 but he loves being thrown onto the bed and chucked about. I just can't do that though lol.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• mini trampoline with you holding his hands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I was just thinking this very question! I'm going to get one of those mini trampolines. I heard they are only 20- or 30-something dollars. Kids love those things, and it's good exercise for them (and me too).
    tigerlily721

Answer by tigerlily721 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• We play a lot of games like throw the ball back and forth, or sit on the ground and push it back and forth. My daughter was also recently introduced to duck, duck goose and ring around the rosie so we do that too. We also play hot/cold where I ride something and tell her if shes getting closer by saying warm. Shes only 22months old but she LOVES it.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009