Peta supporters

I've asked this question before but have got no answers so I'll ask here. If my dad who raises beef to sell/eat would decide to stop butchering them then what do you suggest he do with his animals? He couldn't afford to raise them for free. They cost lots of money to raise. With 1 bull & 50 cows (51) in 1 year you end up with 1 bull, 50 cows & 50 calves (101). Year 2 start 1 bull, 50 cows, 25 heifers, 25 steers would end up being 1 bull, 75 cows, 25 steers & 75 calves (176). So they do multiple. I also don't know of anyone who raises cattle for pets. I split the calves 1/2 & 1/2 male & female.

I also would suggest trying to castrate a bull. They can get real mean. A vet could do it but it costs $$ & you still end up with how to raise 51 animals and not cost you.

So what is PETA's suggestion?

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 10:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
    They would say, "Pass the A-1!" ha haha
    FUN!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I've often wanted to ask PETA people this : You don't eat living things,,,, so why are you eating ANYTHING? at one point in time EVERYTHING including all the plants you eat were ALIVE! YOU ARE A PLANT MURDER!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• PETA would say you shouldn't raise cattle period. That your dad should sell all of his cattle off to individual families who want to keep a pet cow and go into an animal friendly business.

How large is your dad's operation? Does his herd graze freely or are the on a feed lot? I am looking to make a substantial meat purchase from a small time farmer. I'm anti-corporations and want to buy as much from small businesses and real Americans as possible.

PM me some details.

PS-- I am a recovered vegan! Ha!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• why do you care what PETA would say anyway?...they are crazy. Have you seen the Penn and Teller show about them?
    I am for being nice to animals but honestly- they take it WAY WAY too far
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• "recovered vegan" nice one... since i'm headed back that way in an effort to alleviate some health concerns.

shes right though, that IS what PETA would have to say about it. personally, i am not an activist. i love animals, they are tasty too, and every blue moon i might eat a piece of one. but its not good for me, so, i avoid them.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My dad's not looking to get out of the cattle business at all. We all like our ribeyes to much but I use him as an example. It's all free range but it's something I've always wondered. Anytime I've asked they dont' have any answers except that I'm exaggerating the numbers but this is the facts of life. 1 bull+50 cows =101 animals in a year that all need feed. I was just wanting someone to explain it to me. I realize that they're nuts but I'd still like their explanation on what they would expect of him. Just curious.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I LOVE when people say that plants are living things too! Get over yourself!! What a joke. Are you really that ignorant that you think killing a plant is the same thing as killing a cow??? A plant murderer, is that the best you can do? Your an idiot!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Have to agree with you newmomma on that one.Killing a plant is not the same as killing a cow. No blood or guts being a big ones but I would love for someone to actually answer the question. Can you?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009