Odd question...

How far along would you be able to see your plug if you lost it (I know you don't always even at full term) but what's the earliest possible that you could lose it? And How far along before you would leak at all from your water breaking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your mucous plug can partially shed and rebuild at any time. Mine partially sheds every couple of days.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• mine was shedding a little everyday when I was 9 months then a couple weeks after my water broke..
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 10:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• You can lose your plug at any time, same with the water breaking. These are not necessarily indicators that labor is coming. Often, but not always.
    Moms can lose their plug and rupture their membranes a couple of months before having a safe and healthy vaginal delivery.

Are you having something like this?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• What's going on with me is that my periods have become irregular, and lighter, a couple of months ago I took a test just to check cause I was a couple of days late, negative, well about the past month I've been having what is similar to pregnancy symptoms, a couple of days ago I had what looked similar to my plug from my first pregnancy come out, last night I could have sworn I felt something moving and not just a gas movement, I put my hand on my belly down there and I could feel it moving under my hand, now today I leaked out a small amount of fluid, and it wasn't pee. This is just so completely odd for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2009