Anyone taking unisom and b6?

My doc. just put me on unisom and b6 for morning sickness. 25 mg each , 3 times a day, taking them together! anyone else taking this. Im not sure how this helps morning sickness. Anyone gving success w/ it? i asked for zofran but doc said she didnt feel it had been tested enough. the pharmaist said this combination is often given to woman w/ morning sickness.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doc tried me on that during my first pregnancy but not only did it not work, it made me WAY too tired and it was nearly impossible for me to do my job. I was on it for about a week and then she put me on phenegran. They dont tend to just push the meds unless there is a reason, like severe vomitting or weight loss. At least the B6 gives you extra energy so it might help cross out the tiredness that the unisom will cause but that wasnt the case for me
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• well my midwife recommended vitamin b6 and i read that it's been shown to help with morning sickness but they don't really know why. not sure about the unisom.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i had that with my first and it didnt take away the sickness it just made me sleep but when the sleeping pill wore off i was back int the bathroom uhuh im sorry i had bad morning sickness with my 1st and i feel for you b/c its no joke now im preg with my 3rd and no sickness and i didnt have it with my 2nd either i hope that if you have more kids you dont get it again good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009