Anyone know how I can find out who all I owe money to? like credit cards, repoed cars ect

I know this sound horrible but I have 3 credit cards which i know one is belk but I can't remember the other two. I have two repoed cars which I know the one for they are hounding a collection. Is there any way i can find out who they are so i can file for bankrupcy? any FREE way?? I am not working so have NO money. any free credit check websites maybe?

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• get a copy of your credit report. it will all be on there. you are entitled to a free copy every year from each agency. Use THIS Link:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Follow the instructions. To get just your reports this is the site you go to so they are 100% free. Do NOT use "freecreditreport.com" is is NOT free. Its called ANNUAL credit report.

You can not file bankruptcy for free. sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• WOW I am speechless. I really don't know what to say to you so I better not say anything at all other than WOW.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Go to http://www.creditreport.com. It is free, and you can check it 3 times a year. That's one time with each company. (experian is usually the best to start off with because they give addresses/phone numbers of people you owe) I usually check mine every four months or so. Ironically if you go to freecreditreport.com, you have to pay for it, so make sure you go to the first one I put. Good luck, and I hope your situation can be improved. I believe they also have a number on the website that gives free credit counseling.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Oops I made a mistake! The person that answered before me has the right one to go to. annualcreditreport.com, not just creditreport.com. Lol sorry about that!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I IMPLORE you to understand that the only FREE website is called "annualcreditreport.com". Also thought I'd mention you should contact a consumer credit counseling service. Check your local area. They help you figure this stuff out & explore your options for free. Do NOT be fooled by any company that asks you to pay them money. They are a scam.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The Dept of Justice has put together a database of credit counseling/debt consolidation orgs with the DOJ stamp of approval-
    http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/

Answer by rkoloms at 11:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It's harder to file bankruptcy then is used to be anyway. And w/ only 3 credit cards its not that advisable. You could work that out. As for car repos, well, eventually it wont matter. You will be able to get a car just fine if you wait it out a bit. I had 2 repos & today have a 2005 van with a loan on it at a good rate. had my last car repoed in 2004. i've had the van for almost 3 yrs now.
    Anonymous