Cracked corner of lip..

Okay so I have a doctors appt on Friday. It was the earliest they could get me in and the issue is already starting to disappear. During the winter, I've always gotten the cracked corners in my lip. No biggie! Well this year it is worse. Its a lot more red. There's no bumps. Just a crack or two. Last month, I had one for 3 weeks. IT was embarassing. I've had one for the past week now and its disappearing. I want it seen by a doctor to make sure it is just cracked. I've looked at pictures online and there is something called Angular Chelitis that seems to match up good. I'm just afraid it could be oral herpes. I've always been terrified of any type of herpes. So I guess my question to those with cold sores/ oral herpes.. are they ever cracked?? I haven't kissed my kids or my hubby for over a month because of the one i had from last month. My hands are dried out from constantly washing. (cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Health

• My hubby has never had a cold sore or anything. I have a friend who does but I don't share with her or anything. She has a habit of drinking from my pop and at that point I just let her have it or throw it out. My appt is on friday and its already starting to disappear and I know Friday is going to be pointless now. I'm trying to keep it as aggravated as i can so hopefully it will last until Friday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• kissMaybe you need to keep your lips moisturized at all times bc this time they got like this bc it was already dry and when you made some kind of movement you probably broke the skin which caused this crack on it. I am sure you will be just fine. Just keep your lips moisten.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I just saw a med report pon why this happens! woohooo jen to the rescue lol....you need more vitamin b and b12 in diet and it will stop. lots of water and yes a thick carmex type lip balm will aide healing too. but its vitamin deficiency so go to a dollar store(they have them) and pick up a supplement. good luck, my 7 month olf and myself get them too...hurt like heck!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• sorry wanted to add...NOT A HERPE...NOT AT ALL totally diff issue hon, no worries :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

•  Oh, how odd that you brought this up. they hurt like hell if it's what I get. My Grandmother used to get that 30yrs ago and her Dr said she needed xtra B12 shots. Well, here I am with the same thing , I went to my Dr and he said the same thing!!!  B12shots. I go every month for them. It's like eating a potato chip that's too wide and scratching  each side ? Man, I explained THAT like shit. I'm sure B12 pills would be OK too. Good Luck

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009