Do you think the Chamber of Commerce should be included in the "Jobs Summit"?

"My chief concern is that the list features no serious and prominent labor economist, which seems essential to offering a sound, long-run policy to put us on a path of lower unemployment," said John Coleman, an economics professor at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.
Representatives from National Federation of Independent Business and the Chamber of Commerce said their organizations were not asked to attend, but representatives from some of the country's largest unions, Change to Win and the United Steelworkers, will participate.

In an open letter to Mr. Obama on Tuesday, Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue outlined a series of proposals to stimulate job growth, including eliminating protectionist trade barriers, reducing the deficit and eliminating unnecessary regulation.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why, in your opinion~ would the Chamber not be represented in a JOBS summit?

"The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world's largest business federation representing 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations. More than 96% of U.S. Chamber members are small businesses with 100 employees or fewer."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to comprehend that they have an agenda. Unions have their roots in socialism and the destruction of capitalism. The US Chamber is capitalism.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I guess I just assumed a Chamber rep would be invited. It sure lets me know how serious BO is about this whole thing.

I keep asking for a spot and for some reason they keep telling me no! I phone the White House each day and I ask for an appointment with the president. They don't seem to understand that the president has repeatedly asked for people's input.... Now I ask for an invite to the jobs summit (shouldn't small business owners be included?). I have a lot to offer, I started my business in the guest room with $100, I have tripled my sales each year it has been open AND I have ZERO business debt....that is debt not expenses.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:22 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The worlds LARGEST Business Federation and they are not invited to the Jobs Summit.... Really makes one thing where the priorities are.... Keep Calling the White House ladies. Spread the word. If Obama was serious about jobs, he would have a Camber Rep in the JOBS summit meeting.... American's have questions... Don't give up.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Excellent point..WHY?

because he and this admin have an agenda
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• OMG....this man is COMPLETLY incompetent and the ONLY excuse the laft has is "well GWB was MORE stupid" GRREEEAAAAT! That helps us out a whole heck of a lot!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The libs never reply to questions such as this. hmmm wonder why??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yea, I know Carpy... Logic throws them for a loop? Who knows... :oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• doot da doooo lots of crickets in this post
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The US Chambers of Commerce organisation is the largest lobby group in Washington in terms of the amount of money spent on the Hill in lobbying all levels of government. A lot of money. I have no doubt their views are well known and the amount they pay out in political contributions has ensured their veiews are not only well known but have drowned out the views of other organisations less copiously endowed with tax free money to spend on lobbying.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009