which baby teeth are usually the first to come in? and is it unlikely but not unheard of for the molars to be the first teeth to come in?

my 5 month old is teething, and its getting bad.. he has been chewing on his fingers where his molars would be comeing in, and he screams almost all day long, i have tried teethers, and the teething gel, but the only thing that works is the Tylenol..

moonrose21

Asked by moonrose21 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The bottom front come in first. I've never heard of molars coming first, but I could be wrong. My 24 month old just got her molars like 3 months ago =\
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think it's highly unlikely that a baby would get molars first... and not at 5 months.
    They just chew there fingers like that... not really where the tooth is coming in.
    Invest in a baltic amber teething necklace... they are WONDERFUL.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2009