Too much amniotic fluid @ 28 weeks - any one else in the same situation or gone through it?

I had an ultrasound done at 28 weeks as I hadn't gained much weight and dr was concerned about baby's growth. Turns out the baby is normal weight but they found out I had more than normal levels of amniotic fluid and dr said I could be under risk for pre-term labor. This is my second child and I had no problems with my first one and delivered 1 day before my due date. So I am a little worried now. Just want to see if anyone has or had the same condition and how you handled it. Did you have your baby on term or pre-term?

SweKrish

Asked by SweKrish at 11:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have heard women say that their OB or ultrasound tech said they had too much or too little amniotic fluid but really that they were wrong in the end and everything went fine. but to be honest, i know nothing about it. but i still think everything will be fine :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yup im in the same boat as you.. My doctor said that i was measuring big so i went and had an ultrasound at 32 weeks and she said that i have to much amniotic fluid and that can cause preterm labor so they have to give me a non stress test 2 days a week. Just to make sure that i dont go into labor.. So yes i know what u are going throw.. Hope everything works out for u... im 34 weeks now and the non stress test im having has been coming out fine :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009