Lost the magic?????

Overall, 47% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-two percent (52%) disapprove.

When tracking President Obama’s job approval on a daily basis, people sometimes get so caught up in the day-to-day fluctuations that they miss the bigger picture. To look at the longer-term trends, Rasmussen Reports compiles the numbers on a full-month basis. For the full month of November, the Presidential Approval Index is -12, down two points from October.

I dont think the speech last night was very good either. He pretty much ticked off EVERYONE! Do you think his magic charisma is fading and hard reality settling in??

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Polls are inherently unreliable. Rasmussen more so because its agenda based. I don't think the President should be deciding his plan for the country based on opinion polls, even if that makes him a one term President. I'd much rather him be concerned with signing legislation that will improve this country.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Someone said to me about last nights speech, Obama was probably the most inexperienced person in the room. He has the intel, but he lacks the ability to think like a business minded American. He lacks the strength to work like a military soldier. He has the education but he lacks the application of that education... Because of his lacking experience, he surrounds himself with other people. He becomes their puppet. A puppet who can clearly articulate a formally written tele-prompter.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I'm giggling at the fact that even the die hard Obamanites are accepting the fact now, he WILL be a one term wonder.
    Anonymous

• I agree with what someone said to grlygrlz2 ...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The President doesn't think he should be making decisions based on opinion polls either, that is clearly evident by doing things with bills and legislation the majority of the country are against. Do you get that at all??
    Anonymous

• Polls are inherently unreliable when they don't say what you want them to.

Anonymous

• Since Jan.20 there have been no improvements to this Nation. So which pieces of legislation did he sign that supposedly made it all better now?
    Anonymous

• I agree with him on a few issues, however I am uncertain that he ever had any type of magic touch. I know several supporters who are starting to question his motives.
    Kidcrock

Answer by Kidcrock at 12:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Rassmussen was THE go to pollster for media outlets during Bushs entire term. NOW because it says something against the lefties its suspect....Do you have a polling place that you believe to be UNbiased?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2009