any suggestions for calming music to play during labor/birth...?

any cd suggestions for during labor/birth... i'm starting my birth plan and would love a peaceful calming cd to listen to during the birth process...? any suggestions/advice? (1st baby!)

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had a pregnancy relaxation CD that i took along with me and it probably played once but then i was too into my labor that i didn't notice it playing, or notice its absence once it stopped. but i still think it was a good idea ;) i wish i remembered the name of it because it was so relaxing during my pregnancy too! i bought it used on amazon.com
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I love animals, so I had the Planet Earth seriies playing when I had my DD!
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• oh but this pregnancy i am planning to get hypnobabies CDs
    Stefanie83

• My SO plays guitar and I had a CD of him playing classical songs. But I will tell you it didn't help me at all. I ended up having them turn it off because it was only annoying me and making me not be able to concentrate. I wish you luck in your birth though.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I had some Enya on my husband's iPod along with some 50's oldies rock.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• lol I watched old reruns of Green Acres when I was in labor at home and then when I went to the hospital I turned on my soaps. Kept my mind off the pain more than any type of music!

Answer by missanc at 12:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• tried enya and someof the 'relaxation' CDs but they just pissed me off. lol I needed absolute QUIET - dh had a nose whistle and I was ready to rip it off his face.
    Anonymous