Why is it everyone is on a diet and they are always overweight? Then they see a skinny girl and make fun and belittle her by saying you never eat , you're too skinny, you probably never cook.

Has anyone ever experienced that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter deals with that all the time. She has a great metabolism, and can eat all the time and never gain a pound. She has friends that are heavier, and complain that she's too skinny and she should eat more. Damn, that girl eats like there's no tomorrow! But you know... she would be called a bitch if she ever responded to the "you're soooo skinny" comments by saying, "and you're sooo fat!" She's been tempted to say things like that though... many, many times.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I don't know anyone like that.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I am fat...and I always try to lose weight...but I never make fun of those who are skinny because they are so skinny. More power to them that have the willpower to keep it up/stay that way and/or who are born with the skinny gene :)
    I've never heard about someone making fun of someone that is skinny....but heard concern over the "too skinny" women, because they're worried about thier health.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Jealous and insecure? That's the only thing I can think of. There's really no reason to be mean or make fun of anyone. They wouldn't like getting made fun of for being overweight.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Welcome to the real world. When I worked that is all the women talked about. COnstant;y...........Even more than sex or money.
    Anonymous

• Oh but no I've never experienced that. If I did though, my previous answer would be what would go through my mind.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Well i am currently 162 and just gained that within last 8 months i was 138 and was loving life. its not what everyone else thinkgs about me i truly dont care beside my husband. but i WANT to feel rejuvenated when i wake up and like what i look like in my clothes. im not fat, i know im not fat. it just the way you feel about certain things. so i am on a diet now, but when i was smaller. i had friends around the 280-300 and always said im skinny. trust me i wasnt skinny im short 5'3 but big booty and wide hips. no skinny girl here. lol i love women! some just are too jealous! :P
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 12:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yes, people do that, but not all. It's equally the same with a thin person making fun of a fat person, as it is with a fat person making fun of a thin person.
    Anonymous

• The only comments I got when I was skinny was things like "Geez, you can eat anything and not gain weight" and "It's not fair" kinds of things. I love food, and love cooking and eating it! Bummer for me, after I started having babies my body changed and I have to watch what I eat to stay a healthy weight, and know what other's were going through!
    Anonymous

• Especially at work. I remember those days.Lunch would be agony for me.They would always ask where did you eat? What did you have? I just don't do lunch. Even when I was a little overweight. I just like a small snack. I don't like to eat a whole chicken or go to the salad bar.Even aat my heaviiest, I never ate like that.
    Anonymous