Wedding band or engagement ring?

Which do you put on your finger first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• wedding band is first on your finger, so it's closest to your heart :) or at least that's what i've heard :)
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Wedding band... but my understanding for the reason is because when you hold your hand out to show people, then the engagement ring is on bottom and then the band, which is the order you received them. IDK remember where I heard that LOL!!!

But I just think it looks better to have the band on bottom.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I've never had an engagement ring..... so have no clue.

Now, I don't even have a wedding band either :-/ My first one, the setting fell out of it. The 2nd one, my kids did something with it.... I'm pretty sure it went down the drain. So yeah... my fingers are naked now.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• engagement ring first, since it was already there and i never took it off, then the wedding band. i dont know if thats the "law", but thats how i always thought it would be.
    Anonymous

• i always thought that it was the band goes on first bc when you get married you should where the engagement ring on your right hand during the ceremony so you ring finger on your left hand is bare. then you get your wedding band and then after you put the engagement ring back on after the ceremony.
    smb87

Answer by smb87 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i HAVE MY ENGAGEMENT RING, AND THEN WEDDING BAND...
    THIS IS HOW THEY TOLD ME IT WENT AT THE JEWELERS (SP SRY)
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• mine are soldered together, but the wedding band faces in. I always heard that your wedding band is supposed to be closest to your heart, with your engagement ring guarding it.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Wedding band then my engagement ring.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Wedding band first, closest to your heart. Then the engagement ring.
    Anonymous

• when I ware both it is my band and then my engagementring. The way I have always heard it was the engagement ring  "protects" the wedding band, that way if one slips off it isn't the important one.

Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2009