How do you continue your marriage after he cheated, but you love him to death

been married 8 yrs. Just found out on April 13th 2008 he has been cheating for 2 months. I love him. But just can't shake the disappointment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• That's a hard question. I guess that if you are determined to make it work. You two will both have to be committed and go to couples therapy. I wish you luck with everything.
    momo3lilladies

Answer by momo3lilladies at 6:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• you make sure wether he cheated because he didn't love you or for another reason. THen you communicate. If you both want to continue things go to counciling or even to your churches pastor. But the key is communication.
    countrymami

Answer by countrymami at 6:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• just make sure he's still not cheating b 4 u continue the relationship, like maybe have him break it off over the phone with u there. Then maybe talk about the reasons for him straying, and try to figure it out from there, Good Luck!
    mgm_5

Answer by mgm_5 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Marriage counseling. My ex husband cheated on me with my best friend. It was painful but we actually moved past it with marriage counseling and returning to church. We learned that it was a mistake and people can change. He didn't cheat on me again but there were worse problems going on behind the scenes. I didn't divorce him because of the affair though.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I thinkit dependson how sorry he is and why he did it in the first place. I wouldinsiston getting professional help both as a couple and on your own
    Anonymous

• he would need to stop the affair immediately and then the 2 of you might need counseling in order for you to be able to heal and forgive him, you will never forget but you can move forward and have a happy marriage but both of you would really have to want it really bad. I have a friend that this happened to about 10 years into their marriage and the separated and then got back together and it has been 15 years or so and they have an awesome relationship now.. it is based on loving the Lord though, they both are dedicated christians
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 7:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• men usually cheet because they are not getting at home what he gets from the other woman....i.e. sex, BJ's a caring listening person. someone to talk to have fun with. talk it out. if you cant get past the trust issues it will never work.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Personally, I wouldn't be able to trust him for a very long time.
    Anonymous

• I guess cheat on him...
    Anonymous

• I guess it depends on why he cheated and if he is in love with the other woman or not. Sometimes you can work it out, and sometimes you can't, it depends on the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2008