I have done something crazy in the name of God.

I have invited my SIL to spend a week with us for Christmas because I felt God put it on my heart to do so. I know it was the right thing to do and what I was supposed to do, but I gotta tell ya, I didn't really want to do it! What have you done lately because God put it on your heart that you would've prefered not to? How did it turn out?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 12:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is a woman who goes to my church that I have known for years. She is so highly inappropriate and she just gets under my skin. However, after a few failed attempts, she has backed off and given me some space. We don't interact, but atleast there is no ill will for one another.
    Well, she recently lost her mother to a long illness. Those of you who know me know that funerals are the LAST thing I have any intentions of being a part of. Let alone a funeral for someone related to this girl. But as soon as I heard about her mother, I knew I HAD to go to the services. So I went...with a few other ladies from church. None of us wanted to be there but knew we had to.
    I would like to say that it all turned out smashingly. That we went and things were fine, but sadly she saw it as an open door to buddy up to me. She has even gone as far as telling me she know how it feels to be in my shoes. **sigh** Oh well.
    spase2breeth

Answer by spase2breeth at 12:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• there must be a reason...so keep telling yourself and hope it works out! :)
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i gave up watching the show Charmed, which was my all time favorite show. I gave it up because i know that is something that God wouldnt approve of. It has allowed me to have more time to the the things that i wouldnt have been able to do because i was watching the TV instead, plus now i have a clearer conscious .
    Anonymous

• I offered to pay for a friend to go to an event even though I really can't afford it with the Holidays right around the corner. I know she won't be able to go if I don't pay, so I'm ok with helping out.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I don't want to do a prayer or take part in a sacrament that is a good thing for me to do...but then when I do I'm glad I did it!

I'm sure things will turn out well with your sil. God bless :-)
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Stayed with my husband. So far so good.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 1:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

This....even though he is making business decisions that are driving me nuts, I am working hard on getting rid of the root of bitterness and staying put.
    Anonymous

• I make nice with my MIL even though she really only has nice things to say about her own children and it can be really hurtful the things she says to me I reach out to her.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i took a calling in our church and it took lots of time and i didn't really want to do it being pregnant and all but he asked and i did to the best of my abilities.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009