Ok...REALLY???? Shouldn't, out of just old fashioned RESPECT...AALLLL religious symbols be off the table for this crap?

PETA's latest shock-'em-into-action ad campaign—which features a naked Joanna Krupa sporting nothing but angel wings and holding a strategically placed crucifix while exhorting us to "be an angel for animals" by adopting, rather than buying, new pets.

Plus, there's another ad in which a topless Krupa holds her dog, Rugby, in her arms, a rosary dangling from her right hand

These are Sacred objects and symbols! Come ON people! Is there NO respect anymore???

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b156054_joanna_krupa_vs_catholics_animal_rights.html#comments

I know its an eonline link but they had a picture so you can see......its pretty crappy of them!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• That's sad.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I can understand using the angel wings and asking you to be an angel by adopting, but not with the crucifix.
    Anonymous

• disrespectful? Yes. A power greater than all of us will judge her one day. The best thing we can do as parents, is teach our children to respect all religions and religious symbols.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Peta is a bunch of nutjobs anyway.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• PETA is crap, period. They kill more dogs and cats than they adopt out. They are disgusting.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• While I'm no crusader for Christianity's rights...the crucifix and rosary are definitely going too far. Angel wings is just meh, not as strong of a symbol. They love the shock and awe of it all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Tacky. I think all of their ads are tacky though. There is no way I would ever support an organization that sinks to the levels they do. I would rather give to the local shelter when they ask. They usually sponsor a contest at the schools each year. The school with the most pounds of food gets an ice cream party for all of its students. The ice cream/toppings are donated by a local stoe.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• They love the shock and awe of it all.

And it obviously works, disgusting as it is-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The statue of Liberty is routinely used in advertising including for the most pro-abortion group out there. Yes I find it objectionable!

Anonymous