How many times do you let...

your child pee in their diaper before you try to change them? I've read in this one post their are some mothers that do not like LUVS diapers because their child can only pee twice in their diaper and if they let them go more then 2 times then they leak. Well first off why would you want your child to pee more then 2 times in their diaper? It's just like if your on your period and if you use a pad. Dont you change your pad each time you go to the bathroom? I do not understand why moms would want their child to pee more then 2 times in a diaper and walk round with it sagging. That is why diapers leak. Because the mom wants the child to pee a lot in a diaper that should have already been changed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, I don't change my pad each time I go to the bathroom. I change it when it's full and when I bathe. But I agree, one or two times is more than enough.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I usually change my son as soon as I notice he's wet or before if we're A)going somewhere, or B)he's about to take a nap. Except at night - I don't wake him up, I just let him sleep until morning and his diaper's usually really heavy!

Answer by missanc at 12:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• They want to save money and they don't want to be bothered with changing diapers. Diapers have beads in them that absorb the pee because moms don't want to change diapers.

If you use cloth and change every time your baby pees or poops you may go through 10 or more diapers a day. That would cost a lot in disposable diapers.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If my childs diaper is wet, then I don't leave it on them unless it's some awkward sitation, or i have to wait...which is understandable...
    the only time I do not change them is at night...unless they're poopy!
    just keep in mind, diapers are expensive!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Frequent diaper changes help prevent diaper rash. I think a diaper should be checked at least every 2 hours during day time hours. More often if the child is under 1 year old. I always change a diaper before leaving the house.

You should change it as soon as you notice it is wet or soiled. Never let a baby knowingly sit in a wet or soiled diaper! The ammonia in urine can breakdown baby's skin.

Overnight I usually only change a diaper if it's severely wet or there's been a bowel movement.
    Anonymous

• I change it when it is full. I don't feel her diaper every few minutes to see if she has peed but I don't leave her in a full one for a long time. As for Luvs leaking, my kids both peed right through those lousy things with just one episode of going. That is the only brand of diaper that has ever done that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i change them when they need to be changed... probably every 2-4 hours i guess...
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I dont know how many times he has gone when i change it. I know i change him when hes wet, he is checked often. When he was younger i changed him in the middle of the night too, but i got him those over nights and they do well, he doesnt get diaper rash and their not soaked when he gets up! i imagine we go through about 10 diapers a day with him.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i always changed it whenever i knew she was wet...i wasnt gonna let her sit in it, diaper rash?? no thanks!! dont wanna deal with that. as for comapring it to a womans pad, no its not the same. i dont change it everytime i pee, when its full, yes, but not everytime i pee!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I dont change my pad every time I go to the bathroom... I change it when its full or when I shower or before bed (like another poster mentioned)

As for changing my kids diapers... I never knew when they would pee so I have no idea how quickly I changed them. I would do the diaper squeeze and if I felt pee in there, I would change them
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009