How much weight do you normaly lose the day of delivery of your baby?

Is it like 10 pounds worth of baby, fluid, and ect. or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Depends on the size of the baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I remember really not being so concerned with how much weight i had lost after I delivered! lol I didn't start worrying about my weight until at least 2 weeks after I was home.

Answer by missanc at 1:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think 10 pounds would be a good estimate. Most women need to wear maternity pants. That sucks.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think I lost about 12lbs.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 1:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Gailll, I miss those pants. It's too easy to just tug them down then back up again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i lost about 12-14...at my 2 week post partum appt i was in reg. jeans that looked baggy on me in weird places!! i miss my first after baby body, breat feeding worked wonders on my shape....praying i keep it up this time around!
    Anonymous

• Have absolutely no clue. I wasn't really thinking about stepping on a scale at that point, ya know? In fact, after about the fifth month of pregnancy, I stop keeping track of weight altogether. I do know my pre pregnancy jeans didn't fit, less than a day after either my kids were born. That took about two months to accomplish.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Actually it is between 10-15 . You have the weight of the baby, the water, and the rest of the afterbirth. I looked better a month after delivery than I did before conception. It also helps to breastfeed.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I lost a lot when my water broke. I did the calculations at the time and it was like 3/4 of a gallon. Might have been 7 lbs. Two different scales thought so you never know. I did not get on a scale the day after. At 6 weeks I was at pre-baby plus 9 lbs and I was breast feeding.
    Anonymous

• I gained 26 lbs during pregnancy and lost 20 of it the day I delivered.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 1:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009