What I would give for conversation...

i love being pregnant (minus all the unpleasant stuff) and I'm very excited to meet my daughter. but for f***s sake, if i could just have a normal conversation it would be so much better. I have the same conversation like 40 times a day.

"AWWW when are you due? You look great! Is it a boy or a girl? Do you have a name picked out?"....then they manage to tell me a pregnancy story...one that NEVER has anything to do with themselves being pregnant, only someone they knew...

I know I sound ridiculous and you know what, maybe I'm over-reacting but I don't give a damn. I needed to vent. hahaha. Thanks for listening.

(Baby is scheduled to be here in 15 days, by the way... more moody now than I've been this whole time)

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 1:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I loved the second hand scarier then hell stories I got with my first pregnancy. I'm not showing yet this pregnancy, but I know the horror stories will be out in full force when I am.

Good luck and safe delivery!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If you don't want to here then walk away, say you have got to get off your feet or are in a hurry. It is frustrating everyone feels they have to tell you something. Try not to make contact that helped me to avoid people comments and touching.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yup. I think that is part of being pregant, being required to be repeptitive and having to listen to horror stories. What the heck goes through someone's mind when they relate to you how someone they knew had a stillbirth (or whatever other horrific event) at the same wks pregnant you are. I don't get it.....
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 1:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• lol no offence, but you just offered up the same info you were complaining that people ask you lol :)
    but no, I can see how that would get annoying...and your tired of telling people. maybe if it's someone you don't know, they shouldn't be asking? lol....just say "I don't like giving out information like that, but yep, i'm going to have a baby" lol
    Anonymous

• So call someone who already has the answers to all those questions: your mother, your sister,... and Don't go out in public where you can be waylaid by strangers. Learn not to make eye contact. Say not know thanks and keep moving.
    Anonymous

• lol anon 1:22... i didn't even realize it either, you're totally right I just gave you guys all the same info i was bitchin about. oooh boy.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 1:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Well I'd like to say it gets better but after baby comes then it will be all about baby, when they are kids you talk about what they are doing in that particular stage. Mine are 14 and the twins are almost 12. That is how I know where I know people from, by how they talk to me. I stopped being just Kim on June 6th 1995, I became Jessica's mom, then in 1995 I became the twins mom, and you know what I love it. I love bragging on my kids, grumbling about my kids all that stuff. So my advice is to relax and just enjoy the attention, enjoy the amazing thing that is happening to you. You will never be the same again.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2009