what is safe?

when i have only 7 days for my due date is there a limit to where i need to stop lifting things and how much is that limit, please let me know if you know, i dont want to hurt myself or my baby..Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Before there were ob/gyn, women worked in the fields and even had their babies in the fields. There was never a weight restriction. Unless you are lifting something that you wouldn't normally lift, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Women keep lifting their toddlers and taking care of their homes. Unless your health care provider told you not to lift then just use common sense. I remember I HAD to pick my 3.5 year old up just a couple of days before my baby was born and was afraid something awful was going to happen. I was fine.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• You have made it this far what are you worried about? 4 weeks ago you might have had reason to worry. Your baby would have been premature then. Now, what is the big deal?
    Anonymous

• As long as you're not suddenly doing things you haven't done before, you're fine.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i agree with the others that you are fine to lift anything that you normally would. i wouldn't go lifting something at walmart that says "team lift" on it but if you are just going about day to day activities, you are fine :) best wishes for a comfortable last few days/weeks of pregnancy!!!! :D
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• if it hurts....stop.

if it doesn't feel right...stop

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2009