How do I get through a divorce

My husband asked me for a divorce Monday night and i'm having a lot of trouble staying strong for my kids, cause I just feel like crud.

caseymuntz2

Asked by caseymuntz2 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Health

• I know it may sound stupid but pray and pray some more, hug your kids a lot and give them lots of kisses, Tell them you love them as much as you can, then thank God for everything he has in-store for you and your family. It may be hard to think that something GREAT is going to come from all this but it will, and what ever you do DO NOT say anything bad about your husband. it will only hurt you in the long run! God Bless and good luck

Anonymous

• Pray, and do what you have to on behalf of your kids. It is ok to cry in front of your kids, but explain that it is ok to feel sad and that your feeling sad right now.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Can relate, My hubby walked out 3 years ago, and only now, are the papers half way threw filing, & the other day when he needed some info, at the end of the convo, he says you sure you want to do this??..wow, 3 years later and 3 kids, and they walk out, wow..Beleive me the road is a tuff one. Only thing I can share is, Be Strong and Have a voice, we tend to lack from being with the situation so long.
    Can I ask, did he give reason?
    Here if you want to chat, vent, yak, talk, anything...Hugz to you, And Hang in there!! Its a must =)
    Huggles, Laney
    Laney7

Answer by Laney7 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Talk to a friend that has gone through a divorce. Go to a divorce support group. See a counselor. Get some kind of help.

You don't have to always be strong for the kids. I think it's better to have honest expression around kids. Of course you don't want to be crying all the time but you don't have to be strong all the time either.

There are lots of positives about being divorced and being single. Try to get to where you can think of those.

Get a mean lawyer so he doesn't screw you in the settlement and with custody and visitation.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I stood because of my kids and now is a mess and with that, what they learn in all the years is tuff to live by, thinking they would know better, but it repeats and alot of other things. And being now 2 at of 3 are over 18 now..It didnt get any easier, I just have some new problems.. and single mom, is tuff.
    Do whats right for you and those children.
    Hard here to explain a whole situation with out it sounding bad, so with that. only you know the whole story. So with that, I pray for you, am with you. Just remember have a voice.
    Oh btw, my hubby was a christian, when he decided to just leave his family..But 3 years later and a state way, I am still figthing the good fight, My girls are my priority. Hugz! Hope it made some sense =)
    Laney7

Answer by Laney7 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• There is no answer to really ease the pain of the divorce...the shock, the loneliness, the aching, the fear, the stress, the anxiety.... But I can say this...in fact, I can PROMISE it....one day - you WILL be angry with yourself for feeling so sad over a man who would just walk out on his family. One day, you will find love again. One day, you feel stronger and wiser. One day, life will make sense again.... IN THE MEANTIME, PROTECT YOURSELF.....this means, make sure you are financially taken care of as best as you can. Don't make the mistake of being "too nice" or thinking you don't deserve MORE.... and do NOT care about his feelings...ONLY FOCUS ON YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN and their needs. As long as you focus on your family, you can master anything. Take care and Godspeed!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2009