My brother and his wife get physical in front of their kids!

My brother and his wife are having problems and are going through a seperation. They fight constantly in front of their kids. One is my Godson...and I feel terrible that he has to witness this behavior from his ignorant parents! Usually...she is the one to hit my brother first....I know it doesn't make it okay for him to hit her but she provokes him! He just called me and told me they got into it again, not physical but yelling at eachother in front of my nephew and he cried. He said the look on his face broke his heart. Then my nephew said "please, take me to school Daddy". How sad...he rather be in school then with his parents! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Talk with your brother. Off a place for him and the boy to stay until things get sorted out. Recommend counseling and help him search out low cost options for counseling so that they can learn better ways of communication and working out issues if they desire to work things out between them. I'm sorry....I feel very badly for your Godson. : (
    Anonymous

• Maybe see if he can stay with you until things calm down...unfortunately most kids witness this at home. I did ALOT...it sucks...and its heart breaking for a kid.....i would try to get him out of the situation as often as possible. They def. need to find different ways to resolve their problems!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• That's horrible! But how is this your business????
    Anonymous

• I'd tell your brother he needs to take the first step and walk away and just choose not to engage in the fighting in front of his son.
    Other than that, there's nothing you can do.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Anon...It becomes my business when they call me telling their business!!! How is this question YOUR business?
    Anonymous

• anon! this is her brother and her nephew! its her business!

op: I agree with sandypops, he needs to be the bigger man and walk away, he will be teaching his son that you do not hit a girl even if she is hitting you! tell him to pick up his little boy and walk away take him for ice cream or to the park just get away from her...

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• They need to be in separate quarters IMMEDIATELY. DO you have room for your brother and godson? Take them in even if it means puttinbg them on the couch. Because if this stuff continues, that boy will be in CPS shortly.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• How is it her business? It involves physical abuse in front of a child!
    DotYourTs

Answer by DotYourTs at 1:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2009