What was the best Christmas gift you received that didn't cost anything?

Last year my family and I did the Christmas letter thing. We each wrote a note to each family member telling them what they mean to us. It was so sweet. And you always have them to look back to. I just read mine from last year and I would like to share with you what my FIL wrote to me...
"To a beautiful person inside and out. There can be no nicer person in this world than my DIL "me". A true loving mother and wife who cooks the best dishes a FIL could ever dream of. If there are angels on earth than she is one of them".
Awww, how sweet.

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• After almost 30 years without hearing my father saying "I love you", for Cristmas I got a huge hug and and "i love you" from him. I was in tears. Still get a little misty eyed everytime i think about it
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 1:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My dd was away from us for a few years and last year she moved close by and had Christmas with us. Love and family are the best gift always!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• ohh how sweet, what a great idea! Last year the best christmas present i got was my husband. We had a rough several months prior to christmas and I honestly thought we wouldn;t make it, but by the time christmas came around he let me know that he loved me and would ot leave me. He was very affectionate towards me and that meant the world to me!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Just being together!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• finding out i was pregnant with my son on christmas eve :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My SO smiled. He is hard core military and very seldom smiles but he smiled last xmas and it was the best present he could have given me.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I remember one year my mom was having a hard time keeping the roof over our heads much less having a Christmas with presents, so she made "Mom Coupons" they were for things like her doing the dishes on my night, taking me anywhere I wanted to go-no questions asked and no heads up needed, a back rub, etc....I still have a free bear hug one that I may have to cash in this year!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• That is so touching.....When my mil had eye surgery she was down and out. So I would go over and give her drops and spend time with her. She wrote me a card and gave me a gift . More than I ever would imagine.But the card brought me to tears....
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2009