how did you forgive your husband for an affair and make your marriage better....?

how did you move past the fact that he had an intense emotional and physical relationship with another person.. i know i will never get over it.. but how do i move past it.. what are some things you did..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• In order for you to move past it at all, he has to first admit to you that what he did was wrong, that he is truly sorry, and that he intends for it to never happen again. He also has to be willing to work at restoring your trust in him. If he hasn't done those things, it's impossible for you to just "get over it." You can forgive him in the sense that you don't wish something terrible to happen to him, but too often women think that they are the ones who have to do all the work of restoring the marriage. That is not the case. The burden of proof has to be on him since he's the one who strayed. If he doesn't realize that what he did was wrong, there is little to no hope of your marriage getting back on track.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I give you big kudos. I'm not sure I would have the strength to do this. I would think that counseling would be in order for the two of you to work on your problems. I also think that he as mentioned above, he would need to make a full admission of his wrongdoing and be willing to be completely transparent in his day to day dealings to offer an assurance that he were not continuing with this type of marriage destroying behavior. Best of luck to you sweetie.
    Anonymous