Do you think it is rude or wrong to go out platonically with a man who is engaged?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• In respect to his fiance...yeah kinda....IMO..
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yes, but I did when I was 17 and the guy was 24 and I even met his fiance. Oh if I had only knew then what I know now!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If you were friends before he met her, its ok.. if not then no. that is very disrespectful in my opinion. plus it depends on you. if you have feeling for him or are attracted to him , why put you or him in that situation. would you want a woman to be hanging out with your fiance.. think about that..
    Anonymous

• yes it is wrong #1 she should leave him b/c he's unfaithful and they're not even married yet,,,she should get out before there are children involved if they're not already
    #2 would you want that to be done to you?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Would you want a man you were engaged to to go out with another woman?

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• not if you invite the fiance along.
    Anonymous

• I personally would not do this. I am the kind of person that does not do anything that would even lead to the appearance of impropriety. I am not saying that this is a hard fast line, but just what is comfortable to me. So with him being engaged (and not to me), I would not be going out with him anywhere one on one, but I would go out with them together to avoid the appearance of anything other than friendship. Even if friendship is the only thing on your mind, going out one on one gives the appearance of something more, if you get what I am saying. I would not accept this behavior from my fiancee and I doubt that his fiancee would be pleased about it either.
    Anonymous

• IMO, it's rude, even if you were friends with the guy prior to his engagement.
    Anonymous

• Highly. I can't imagine what one would be doing "platonically" with an engaged man anyway.
    Anonymous

• Of course not. Men and women can be friends.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2009