Question for moms of young children

is your house ever clean..ever since I had my 7 month old my house is never clean it seems...sigh, well its not a sti but its still messy!@#$@ And during his naps they are never long enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine's ten years old...clean is a distant memory. There was a brief time when we had a maid service....

But clean isn't a priority of mine anyway. **smile8*

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• You are totally not the only one! And believe me, it just gets worse! lol Because you are a parent of one child, it will be easier as time goes by to get on a schedule and figure things out. After I had my 2nd and 3rd (twins!) everything has gone downhill...lol
    don't sweat it though...it's far more important the time you have with your baby :) keep up the good work mama!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I miss the days of a neat home..but sleep is more important being as he still doesn't sleep through the night.
    Anonymous

• I always say my house is clean but messy. I try keep up with the dishes, laundry, try to vacuum and dust regularly but there are always toys out. I hate when company just drops by. But I enjoy playing with my kids during the day. Later there will be time for a really clean house (like when they all move out, lol). Right now we are making memories. My dh complains once in awhile about the house, his mom is a clean freak. But ask him about his childhood, he remembers his mom too busy cleaning to play with him. I want my kids to remember that I colored with them, built forts in the living room, went to the park, etc. That is what is important right now.
    Anonymous

• My house is always neat. We clean every sunday (mop, sweep, dust) and i straight up whenever there is a mess. i cant function if there is a mess or clutter...i think i have a little OCD. DS is oly 7months so he doesnt make a mess yet so we will see how this works out in the future. SO knows to pick up after himself or there will be a problem.
    GillyMarie

Answer by GillyMarie at 2:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I do all my chores first thing in the AM after dropping the older ones at school. then my youngest and I play all day.

Its CLEAN but CLUTTERED. barbie shoes, and hannah montana shoes, and pollypocket pieces and game pieces.....

the clutter they spread just gets SMALLER AND smaller as they get older (and easier to vacuum up) LMAO.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• my girls are 22,18,16 and I swear they are far worse now then when they were little!! They really make a mess out of the kitchen and they don't clean up because they point the finger and then I hear about how I'm the one that stays home and it just gives me something to do. When my girls were little my cupboard doors were never as dirty as they are now.
    Enjoy it while you are still in control,lol
    Anonymous

• Yes my house is clean, I have it clean everyday before DH gets home from work, the LO's pick up their toys and everything else gets picked up and put away and it is nice and neat. After LO's go to bed, I do a quick pick up of anything that is laying around. Dishes are always washed and put away before I go to bed (no dishwasher). If you start your day with a clean house, it is easier to keep it clean. I use their nap time as a a time to scrub floors or bake or anything else that I cannot do while they are awake.
    Anonymous

• We hired cleaners to come once a month when I was pregnant. My husband did not want me to be stressed with working and the baby (I work full-time and so does he). They do all the big stuff, but I still straighten up every night, I think I am always straightening when I'm home. I just put everything away as I take it out and never leave messes to fester.
    Anonymous

• Thank you! Out of all my friends, I have the "neatest" house. My MIL tells me it's not neat enough, clean , yes; neat and organized? No! She told me, "I know this woman that has 3 kids and her house is immaculate! And she works!" I told her, "she's either got a maid, beats her kids, or doesn't have sex and is ready to shoot herself". I'd rather be happy and a little messy than OCD and never satisfied.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 1:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2009