Easy Bake Oven, is my daughter just too young?

My daughter, who is almost 5, is dying for an Easy Bake Oven for x-mas this year. That is THE thing she wants, I thought great, no problem...until I read its recommended for 8-12 year olds...yikes. Anyone have any Easy Bake experience? Obviously she wouldn't be allowed to play with it alone, but is she still too young even if we did it together?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 1:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• I tend to use those age requirements as a starting point then make my own decisions based on the individual child. My son is 6 (7 in April) and I am thinking about getting him one.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If you will do it with her it should be fine.
    Anonymous

• I know some ppl will think this is wrong, but our grandson wanted one at the age of 6 and he got one. He had no problems with it and as long as you are supervising her your dd should have none either...
    He loved his, still has it, but doesn't use it any longer now that he is going on 9 and likes the Bakugan things...lol...
    I would get her one... JMO
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Thanks everyone, that is a relief, I'm gonna do it =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2009