I have hypothyroidism, am pregnant, and cant take my pill. What can I do?

I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis. I am also 11 weeks pregnant. I have been so sick that I have been unable to take my pill, now I am worried. I have been able to take 2 pills in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I still cant take it because I feel so sick and am worried about throwing up with just putting anything in my mouth. What can I do?

mommyin07n08

Asked by mommyin07n08 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Health

• call your thyroid doctor immediately. This is nothing to mess around with.
    Anonymous

• She called yesterday and said my last TSH result was normal. She knew I was having issues when it was taken but that was also 3 weeks ago. I have been exhausted since but am also really busy with my wedding in 8 days and my hubby going to the doctors like crazy because he is injured.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I have Hashimoto's also. I have been pregnant 5 times, m/c the first 2 times With hypothyroidism there is an increased risk for m/c, also low-birth weight, hearing loss in the baby, just to name a few of the risks if you are not on the correct amount of medication. Please do not stop taking it, and don't take it with your prenatal vitamin for some reason they cancel each other out; it is extremely important for the health and development of your baby. Your dosage will change during your pregnancy and will vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. Your dr should be on top of your TSH levels at all times; mine usually checked my levels 2 -3 during pregnancy, I also had 2 extra u/s after the 20 wk u/s to check the growth of each baby ( baby can have IUR with hypothyroidism in the mother ). I hope your baby stays healthy and you too!!
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 3:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009