how many outfits should each child have?

my kids have so many chlothes that there is really not room for it all. if i am going to minimize i need an idea of what should be minimum?

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 2:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• 20 outfits is plenty
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 2:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If you have ran out of room, it is definatly time to donate or yard sale. I keep more play clothes for the one that is home all the time and more nice outfits for the school age children. The more you have the more the mess up. I sold tons of clothes in a 50 cent yard sale. Made over $100 just on little people's clothes.
    annthomas

Answer by annthomas at 2:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• yeah my niece has an outfit for every day of the year lol. Her mom is just like that though. I have two boys and I guess they have like at least twenty shirts a piece and like 7 or 8 pairs of pantt a piece, and about 13 or 14 pairs of shorts a piece lots of socks and underwear. Two pairs of shoes a piece. They're boys though and not really as high maitenance
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It depends ...... we get ALOT of hand me downs from a close friend those that will fit my oldest we put in her dresser those that don't we put away for our youngest or for later.
    We have TONS of jammies I think that's what she has most of !! LOL
    She has about only 5-6 pair of pants.
    About 4-5 nicer tops to wear when we go out.
    About 10 play/everyday shirts
    Most days we don't even go anywhere so she just hangs out in her jammies.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• how many you can afford.. but if you have so much that your child didn't get to wear some because he outgrown some then you got way to much!
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 3:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• 20 is a good number. 10play and 10 church/school outfits is good. or just eliminate until you have room.
    MintMochaMom

Answer by MintMochaMom at 5:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009