Those that think Spongebob is bad for kids what DO you let your kids watch??

I am sitting here watching Sesame Street with DD who is 3 and they are singing in the tub and more and more puppets keep popping up in the bath and looking through the window at them . Doeesn't that seem kinda odd to you ????
We LOVE Spongebob in our house some of it is pretty bad but our DD never catches on to it.
So if you are one of those parents that don't let thier kids watch Spongebob , etc. do you let your kids watch Sesame Street ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Whats wrong with spongbob?
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 2:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• no my kids don't like sesame street. they watch shows like dora, blue's clue's, diego, backyardigan's, etc...
    Anonymous

• we're a spongebob house. lol

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i let my kids watch it what's the big deal
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• my kids watch spongbob sometimes. but i prefer them to watch educational shows. most shows teach them one thing or another but spongbob is truly rediculous. he is a fry cook and he makes it a good thing(not to bash)......we all want our children to have real goals and lets face it, fry cook is when your goals have been lost. kids should not be encouraged to want things like that. but a little fun never hurt anyone and spongbob is fun.
    Anonymous

• I let mine watch it all the time. Spongebob was one of her first words. Now she's like a Spongebob nut!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 2:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My 6 month old loves the colors of cartoons so if Handy Manny or Winnie the Pooh isn't on when I need a shower or to do something I will let him watch Spongebob or Phineas and Ferb.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think spongebob is highly inappropriate for children. We watch Nick Jr. and pre screened by me or MIL movies. Yep. that's it.

...I do not think spongebob is all bad. i have seen episodes that i thought were funny and didn't bother me one bit. I have seen other episodes where i disagreed entirely with what was being implied.

...However, my oldest will be 6 next year and my censorship over the TV will slowly start to dwindle. He will be getting old enough for me to explain different abstract concepts to him. Just because your child isn't "catching on" now doesn't mean that they wont understand it latter.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My kids don't watch SpongeBob. I don't like the language, or tone of voice that's used often on there. My kids do watch Sesame Street - they don't say things like dumb, stupid, duh, etc, things that I don't want part of my kids vocabulary.

Answer by missanc at 2:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My kids watch very little tv, but they do watch Spongebob sometimes.
    Anonymous