I just fell, do you think my baby will be ok?

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I just fell. Have you ever fallen? Was the baby ok? I am worried now. Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't worry about it too much... The baby is still very small, and very protected in there. Unless you start seeing a bloody discharge (HIGHLY unlikely), there really shouldn't be any cause for alarm. They're pretty well insulated in there!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't worry if you don't  have any discharge or pain... How are you feeling after you felt do you have any pain or discharge??

I felt ones when I was pregnant I went crazy because i had alot of pain but the baby was fine and the pain was because I hit my self very hard...

MommyOfJayden23

Answer by MommyOfJayden23 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Ask the doctor not the women on Cafemom
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• OP: It wasn't a hard fall nor was it far. My computer chair broke as I sat down, it's old. LOL Not funny but it is as long as the baby is ok, I am just worried cause I am extremely high risk, 1 miscarriage and I had my son 4 months early. Why is being a klutz part of being pregnant, not that it was my fault this time but I have been clumbsy and was with previous pregnancies. Aaahhh the joys of being pregnant.
    Anonymous

• According to my pregnancy book, written by a doctor if that matters, unless you fall on something that directly jabs you in the gut very very hard...your baby will be fine. The one exception that I know of to this, is if the baby is not implanted correctly...in which case, a miscarriage would likely result anyway because almost anything could knock it loose. This is not very common, so I really wouldn't worry. You're alright!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My stepmom fell off a curb and directly onto her stomach while she was preggo with one of her kids, when she was 8 or 9 months. I can't remember which one it was, but they are both grown adults and just fine. Her son is even a doctor! The baby is very well protected inside you.
    When I was 4 months with my first my dog jumped on my stomach, hurt like crap for me but didn't hurt the baby. My oldest is very smart, creative and way ahead in his reading and some of his learning. And now pregnant with my 3rd, I get elbow jabs, elbows and hands used to push off my belly from my 3 year old all the time. Again, hurt me, but won't hurt the baby.
    If you are ever hit REALLY hard in the stomach when the baby is bigger, then consult your doctor immediatly, otherwise, baby should be just fine. No worries momma!!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2009