Are your relatives this way?

I have a cousin whom we grew up together and now as woman (30's) we became pretty close but at the same time I felt she always envied me I don't know why but she did I just let it go. We both had boys come and go and blah blah blah...anyway I find my knight and shining armor while she doesn't bc she is so damn picky I kept telling her you are going to b an old maid bfor you no it. Anyway I got married have 2 beautiful kids, went to go visit her mom (my aunt) with my mom n dad.
She shows up unexpected and has this really weird attitude towards me and my baby (1 baby at the time) to make a long story short she was very rude to me in front of her mom and I told her I don't want to talk to you right now wait til we get home...I guess she thought I left it at that but when we got home OMG there was hell to pay my dh was pissed with how she acted with me she pretended to love me as my cuz n that is sad. We don't talk no more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP here: Last I heard she had a baby with a man she used to date and I heard she got married too but they don't live together only sometimes and I am sure she has alot to do with it...I kind of feel sorry for her but damn to be this way with your own flesh and blood who truly love you. I wish her well.
    Anonymous

• I am sorry - I am not understanding your question. Are you asking if my relatives make bad decisions? or made mistakes? or are jealous of me? or are you just wanting to vent????
    Anonymous

• DH has a relative that is jealous he is married and has children so she is snotty to me, is mean to our children (so we have it out about that and I watch her like a hawk whenever she is around us) and tries to monopolize his time with the most ridiculous things imanginable. The really stupid thing is she is too young to even contemplate having a husband or children. I think she is just p.o.'d that things aren't turning out like she wants them to in her life, she is spoiled and her mother wants to keep her a bratty child forever so that is why she is the way she is. It is impossible to be around her and not be so tense I feel sick.
    Anonymous

• Can anybody say dysfunctional? I don't know I would just ignore somebody like that. Life is too short to waste it with weird people. Normal people would be happy for you.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If it were me.... this is probably my age talking.... I would ignore her. It sounds like she has a lot of growing up to do. If she is mean to your kids - I would speak up and fix that problem, but other than that - honestly it's not worth worrying about. It sounds like she is the one with the problem, so let her deal with it. Next time you are somewhere and she shows up, go on about your business...you can say "hey" or whatever, but other than that - I would pretend that she wasn't around. When she sees that she is no longer upsetting you - she'll move on. If not - she will have a lonely life. Of course ME - I would sit down and talk to her (in a grown up way - no yelling or name calling) and clear the air. IF she doesn't get it after that - then she would be ignored by me until she did get it.

So basically just move on!!!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 1:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2009