What were some of the first "Finger Foods" that you gave your baby

and how old? Mine is almost 7 months and I think that she is ready - grabbing her feeding spoon, reaching for my plate, I am just not sure what the first finger foods should be? Thanks!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 2:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mummums - do you have them there? rice husks that basically dissolve in the mouth. my girls LOVED them.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Anything that's soft and dissolves in their mouth is good. Mine loved these little yogurt melts you can get in pretty much every grocery store... I think they're Gerbers.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintroductie/blw/engels.html
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i found a recipe for homemade baby cookies....they are made with rice cerial in place of flour and my baby loves them!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• the yogurt melts were a favorite, also cheerios and the giant rice krispies. They make teething biscuits, but I found those very messy and my son didn't really like them anyway. Also, you can soft steam potatoes and carrots and cut them up into bite size pieces.

Answer by missanc at 2:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• OP: Oh yeah, she has NO teeth. Not one. LOL!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The first was puffed brown rice. Then diced avocado. Rice noodles. Pieces of baked sweet potato.

There is great information here: www.babyledweaning.com

Answer by rkoloms at 3:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I gave my son a vanilla wafer. Of course, I helped, but they mush well enough. Then we got the Gerber Graduates puffs, and now he's on the gerber lil' crunchies. We gave him pickle spears and orange wedges.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• we liked little bits of bread (pea sized - and make sure they don't grab too many!) we didn't like the gerbers puffs because it does have some sugar and it would make her cranky
    SavvyMomma1809

Answer by SavvyMomma1809 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2009